Edward W. Hanley was president of The Dayton Gas Company.
Walter S. Kidder was president of The Noyes Manufacturing Company and general manager of The Hayner Distilling Company.
H.E. Talbott was the president of The H.E. Talbott Company.
John W. Stoddard owned and operated the Dayton Motor Company, which built the Stoddard Dayton automobile.
Adam Schantz and Frank Huffman were added to the committee upon the deaths of Worman and Hanley. Adam Schantz was the president of The Dayton Breweries. Frank Huffman was president of The Davis Sewing Machine Company.
The Dayton committee invited other communities to cooperate in flood control work. On May 15, 1913, the Miami Valley Flood Prevention Association, representing several counties, was organized.
On February 17, 1914, Governor James Cox signed a Conservancy Bill (the Vonderheide Act), which provided for the creation of conservancy districts. The same month, 10 Miami Valley counties petitioned for creation of a conservancy district: Butler, Clark, Greene, Hamilton, Logan (which left shortly after formation), Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby and Warren. The Miami Conservancy District was officially organized on June 28, 1915.
Read about the Construction of the flood protection system.